February 22, 2016
- Roman Leibov is taking a poll on whether people like “We will never be brothers” (Никогда мы не будем братьями, 2014) by Anastasiia Dmitruk.
- Vladimir Nabokov’s father used to beat Kornei Chukovskii at a game of who could name the most Dickens characters.
- “Books that no-one but a lifer’s got time to read.”
- Languagehat on the etymology of село.
- I especially agree with Miriam Burstein’s 4th thing that would make Google Books (more) useful (again). Google Books is frustratingly worse than it could be, but it’s so much better having it than not. Which, of course, isn’t an argument against making it better.